The theme for the 13th Meadowood Supper was celebrating the successes of 2011 and planning for 2012.
The Community Supper was held on January 25, 2012 at the Meadowood Neighborhood Center. This supper had the largest attendance ever!!
The program began with an inspirational video presentation celebrating Meadowood’s 2011 accomplishments. Table discussions on what issues the neighborhood wanted to focus on in 2012 followed. The participants came up with a variety of neighborhood objectives for 2012. These ideas were then posted on the wall and reduced to four workgroup themes: safety, neighborhood beautification, youth programming, and economic development. Opportunities to become involved were offered through sign-ups for the new and existing work groups. The youth in attendance were facilitated by youth organizer Ali Brook and came up with their three objectives for this year: youth programming, crime and safety and neighborhood beautification.
The buffet meal for the evening was chicken and spaghetti accompanied by delicious side dishes contributed by residents. The dessert was a large cake decorated to thank the many Meadowood work groups for their 2011 contributions. The program concluded with a performance by the Meadowood Dance Team and community announcements.
- Meadowood Supper Coordinator, Sheray Wallace and the Community Supper Planning Committee and other volunteers for organizing the event and preparing the meal
- Becky Schrader for setting up the Hot Chocolate Bar and her great video production
- Neighborhood residents for contributing side dishes
- Meadowood Dance Team for entertainment
- Everyone for their contributions to the evening’s discussions!